Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fruity waffles

This isn't really a recipe, but more of an idea I had while making waffles. I've been adding various fruits to our Bisquick mix and it has made our lives more exciting (what can I say, we live in Dillingham). So far I've added strawberry puree and grated pear. I usually add a bit of vanilla to the batter as well. For the pear I added cinnamon and nutmeg. I think it's pretty tasty and a way to add a bit of fruit to your diet. The pear had a very subtle flavor, I think because I grated it. If you want more pear taste, I would suggest chopping it up in chunks. The strawberry waffles were a pretty pink color. So, if you have a little girl in your life, she might enjoy them. I didn't really do anything differently with the recipe, just added the fruit. It was easy. Here are some pictures of the finished result.

They look like there's not fruit! You can be sneaky.
I pureed the strawberries with the milk the recipe called for. It looks like a milkshake.

The pink color is subtle, so boys would probably eat it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment