Friday, May 1, 2009

Cookie Dough Cupcakes


I made these for Beaver Round-Up. I received third place for them in the cakes section of the contest, so I felt pretty good about it. I suggest not trying new recipes for bake-offs, however, because the whole process was nerve wracking and I had no idea how they tasted. I got the idea from Peabody's blog.

I used Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe for the cake. This batter is extremely runny, which made putting the cookie dough (the cookie dough from the previous post) into the cupcake a little challenging. The cookie dough sank to the bottom, which was fine. Just not as pretty as I had wanted.

I then made a Brown Sugar Buttercream for the frosting. It was intense. Apparently, the judges liked it, though.

Brown Sugar Buttercream (from Peabody)
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
4-6 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream together brown sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar until reaching the desired consistency.


Sadly, this is the only picture I have of the cupcakes. They were especially a hit with the under 12 crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment