Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crab Cakes & Remoulade


In the few months I have been working at SAFE, I am used to feeding people that come to trainings or events. This week, I had a trainer bring in fresh crab that he had caught in Juneau. It was pretty cool and yet freaky to see all those crab legs just hanging out. He didn't just bring a few crab, he brought about 40lbs of crab in. It was nice and he donated it to SAFE and everyone in the training. I managed to snag a few and de-shell them before I went home. Then, I forgot I had it for about 2 days. (D'oh!) So, I am looking in the fridge and I see the cold crab just hanging out. I figured the best thing I can do with it is to make crab cakes.

Gather together:
  • 1/2 pounds of de-shelled crab
  • 2 cups of panco breadcrumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • Tabasco Sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • parsley
  • Cavenders Greek seasoning
  • red pepper flakes
  • 1 small onion--minced
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Shape in to patties. Pan fry these until golden brown on both sides. Make the sauce and enjoy. I know I did.



Remoulade:
  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons dill pickles minced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • a squirt of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
  • Several dashes hot pepper sauce
  • cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
  • pinch of dill
Pulse all this in the food processor until smooth. Check to make sure you like the taste, but I am pretty sure you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment