Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cranberry Almond Chip Cookies

I jazzed up my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe because I was bored one day. I love almond and wished I would have put actual almonds in the cookie, rather than just extract. Learn from my mistake! Otherwise, these were pretty good. Something a little different but still tastes like a chocolate chip cookie.

Cranberry Almond Chip Cookie
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extact
1 tsp baking soda (dissolved in 2 tsp hot water)
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or so)
1/2 cup cranberries (or so)

Preheat oven to 350. 

Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time (not sure why this is important, but I always do it this way).  Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Add baking soda (dissolved in water) and salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and cranberries. 

Put large spoonfuls on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment