Saturday, April 11, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I woke up an hour early on Monday. The sun is rising everyday at about 7:00 am and it is setting at about 10:00pm. I think this has something to do with the weird sleeping issues. But this time I used it to my advantage. This morning, I made pizza dough. This dough was pretty good and the toppings are yummy. Aaron ate a couple slices even though I added blue cheese to the whole pizza. He's such a good sport.


Gather together:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt



Proof the yeast in 1c. warm water and honey-- about 5 minutes. In the kitchen aid mixer (what?!? You don't have one? GO OUT AND BUY ONE RIGHT NOW!!! I'll wait) add flour, oil, salt and yeast mixture. MIx this until you get a nice non lumpy dough ball'--about 5-10 minutes. I love my mixer, it kneads the dough for you. Spray a large mixing bowl with Pam or with your Misto. Add the dough and spray it down too. Leave for 4 hours (or until it doubles) while you are at work. Come home on lunch and punch down the dough. Leave for 4 hours and come home for the day and punch down again. This time pull it out of the bowl on to a floured work station. Roll out to fit what ever pan you have. Add toppings--whatever you like. I added chicken cooked in butter and Frank's Hot Sauce, onions, green olives, white cheese and blue cheese. I guess it is also inportant to know that I added butter and garlic to the crust instead of marinara. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.


If I could do anything different, I would have baked the crust for about 10 minutes before adding the toppings to give it a head start.

No comments:

Post a Comment