Monday, April 27, 2009

The time I almost cut off my toe.

These bars nearly caused me to lose one of my toes. I'm not sure how it happened. This is probably the easiest recipe on our blog, but someone it almost ended with an ER visit. Our knives are just so sharp (Samara had a run-in with them while making the infamous 12 layer cake too). Here is a chronicle of the events while making Cinnamon Toast Bars:

The foot incident actually happened while I was melting the marshmallows. Luckily my former-paramedic husband ran into the room and took care of the wound while I sat on a chair and stirred the marshmallows (4 cups mini) and butter (3 tablespoons). What can I say, I'm hard core.


After the marshmallows and butter are melted, I added 6 cups of the cinnamon toast cereal. Get all the cereal covered in the gooey mess. 

Put it in a greased pan. I put mini chocolate chips on top to make it festive. These were easy, but good.  A fun take on the traditional crispy treat.

Hopefully if you make them it won't end in bandages and a sore foot.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! How did you not share these with me? This sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete