Friday, March 20, 2009

Monster Cookies

I have a lot of oatmeal for some reason and had a bag of M&M's in the freezer, so I thought Moster Cookies sounded like a good idea. I have never made them before, but fondly remember them from the cafeteria in high school and wanted to give them a try. Who knew they have no flour?


Monster Cookies (from Baking Blonde)
1/4 cup butter, room temp
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I wish I would have done this.)
4 1/2 cups oatmeal (either quick or old fashioned is fine)
3/4 cup choclate chips
1ish cup M&M's (for some reason my bag was all green ones)
You can really add whatever add-ins you like. This is what I had on hand.

Preheat the oven to 350. Combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add peaunt butter and baking soda (and salt) and beat until combined. Add in your oatmeal. (My KitchenAid took this like a champ, but the batter is very thick. This is your warning.) Stir in your add-ins. Drop on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. (Mine took the full 10.) It makes about five dozen cookies.

The Rating
Anthony thought they were about an 8 out of 10 (with 10 being his favorite cookie ever--the no-bake). I thought they were a little plain. I really think the recipe needs at least a tsp of salt. Possibly more considering how big the recipe is. These are okay, but I think they have the potential to be really good with a little salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment