Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lemon Bars


It's still cold and winter here so I wanted to make something light and summery. I received two lemons in my produce box, so I thought lemon bars would be the way to go. I really like this recipe. It was easy, lemony, and not too sweet. It has a nice, buttery crust and a good amount of lemony custard. Recipe after the photos!

The buttery crust.


The pretty lemons. I love yellow, so I naturally am drawn to lemons.



Best Lemon Bars (from allrecipes.com)
1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 lemons juiced and zested

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice and lemon zest (I love my Microplane!). Pour into baked crust and cook for another 20 minutes. The bars will firm up after cooling. I added some powdered sugar to the top to make them pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment