Thursday, July 23, 2009

Darn Good Chocolate Cake

I didn't come up with the title of this cake (thanks Cake Mix Doctor!), but it really was pretty good. I made this for my mother-in-law's birthday. It was rich, but good. I think vanilla ice cream would be the perfect compliment to it.

Darn Good Chocolate Cake
1 package devil's food cake
1 package (3.9 oz) chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 12 cup bundt pan. Blend the cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, warm water, and oil for a few minutes until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips until they are well distributed. Bake for about 50 minutes (it took me well over 60, but my oven is so-so), or until it springs back to the touch. Allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before inverting the pan. Once you take the cake out let it cool completely. I sprinkled some powdered sugar over it so it would be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment