Thursday, June 25, 2009

Honey Dijon Salmon

Since it is in abundance here, Anthony and I occasionally eat salmon. I am betraying my vegetarian self when I do it, but there were times when we first lived here that I thought I was going to die of malnourishment and fish seemed like a good alternative to dying. I haven't quite forgotten what it was like last November, and so I'm still eating the fish. Plus, salmon are just swimming to their death anyway, so that's how I justify it. I've been trying to find recipes for salmon that Anthony will actually eat since he's not too keen with the salmon flavor. This recipe masks the fishiness of salmon, so Anthony likes it. He also really likes mustard, so it was bound to be a hit. I thought it was decent.

Dijon Salmon

1/4 cup butter (melted)
3 tbs Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 tsp parsley
4 (roughly 4 oz) fillets of salmon
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Stir together the melted butter, mustard, and honey. In another bowel mix the bread crumbs, nuts, and parsley. Brush the salmon with the mustard mixture and then sprinkle on the bread crumbs. (Note: I had a lot of leftover sauce and bread crumbs, so I just threw all of it on there. The more the merrier I say!) Bake 12-15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.

I had a picture, but it wasn't pretty. Imagine a fillet of salmon with a lot of yellow sauce on top. It tastes good, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment