Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

I was trying to figure out what to do with a white cake mix and I had a moment of brillance. I could make cookies and cream cupcakes! This was easy and had a good cookies and cream flavor. I topped it with an Oreo cream cheese frosting. Yum.

I forgot to take a picture with the frosting. They weren't exactly pretty, but they were good!

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
1 white cake mix (and the things you need to make a cake mix, i.e. eggs, oil)
1 package Oreos

Make the cake mix as directed. Crush up the Oreos and put about 2 cups into the cake mix batter. You can put more or less depending on your personal preference. Bake as directed.

Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounce package cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup butter (room temp)
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (just depends on how stiff you want the frosting)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup crushed Oreos

Whip the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you get the desired consistency. Stir in Oreos.

3 comments:

  1. Send some to me, please! Those sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have some? I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I made them when you were in Fairbanks. I did just make some banana bread, though.

    ReplyDelete