Monday, September 7, 2009

Pumpkin Bundt Cake


I'm doing it. I'm busting out the fall recipe on Labor Day weekend. I'm sure it's some sort of sin, but I'm going to do it anyway. Summer in Alaska is pretty cold, so I'm happy fall is here so the temperatures seem more appropriate. Plus, the leaves are changing colors and it just feels right. Anyway, I made this cake back in December. It was very moist and good. Happy fall!

Pumpkin Bundt Cake
2 c sugar
1 1/4 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups canned pumpkin
4 eggs
2 cups flour
3 tsps baking powder
2 tsps baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2. tsps ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl combine the oil and sugar. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in egg one at a time. Beat in flour mixture. Pour into greased bundt pan. It took about 50 minutes to bake (but my oven is on the cooler side, so it will probably take 45 in most ovens).

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! I am ready to get out the fall recipes too...

    ReplyDelete