Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pie Pops

I really like creating food on a stick. I think it's because I'm from Iowa. Anyway, I saw these on Bakerella I believe and decided I needed to make them. Plus, I had picked a bunch of blueberries so it seemed like fate.

Look at all these blueberries I picked from the Alaskan tundra! Don't act like you're not impressed. I made a simple pie filling with berries, corn starch, and sugar. You can use canned pie filling too.

Basically you just make some pie dough, roll it out, then cut circles. Here is a picture of the pops being filled. I brushed on some egg whites to make the crust a little crispy/golden. I also over-filled the pops and they oozed everywhere, so don't fill it up as much as I did.
I baked these at 375 for 15 minutes. My oven is wacky, so I would just follow the directions on your pie crust/pie recipe. Here is a picture of the completed pops. They were cute, but not all that sturdy. I think it was too much filling.
Regardless of the fact that they weren't super pretty, Anthony enjoyed them. I mean who doesn't love blueberry pie? Especially on a stick?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I can't BELIEVE you made these--if Bakerella said they took a while, I assumed it would take four days!! These came out great, though--congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete